Planning a wedding can be a stressful time. The last thing many couples want to do is obsess over the particulars and manage details. Thus, more and more couples are hiring a wedding planner to handle their special day.
It’s true. Wedding planners are no longer just employees of the rich and famous. With affordable pricing and many industry connections, a wedding planner could actually end up saving you money.
photo by Jonathan Timmes via Northern Virginia Magazine
So, what are some of the benefits of hiring a wedding planner?
- They will work with you to develop a budget that works and they will haggle prices and discounts to make sure your day is everything you want it to be.
- They will work according to a specific schedule and let you know what needs to be done and when.
- They will help you select a tasty, appropriate menu and the perfect wedding cake.
- They will handle all decorations, linens, flowers, and favors to ensure that everything works together perfectly.
- They will orchestrate the entire big day so that things run as smoothly as possible.
By hiring a wedding planner, you’re freeing up time to enjoy bridal showers and engagement parties without the stress of dealing with wedding day details. In fact, eliminating the stress of the particulars is actually rather liberating.
Still not sure about hiring someone to take on the details? Websites like The Knot offer a variety of resources to help you plan the perfect wedding on your own, right down to helping you coordinate the perfect honeymoon.
More From Planning
When I got engaged recently, I was over the moonâ€”but astronomical expectations for a dream wedding came crashing back to Earth when it finally hit me: Wow, we really have to pay for this shindig. Being a freelance journalist (me) and a newly graduated political science Ph.D. (him) we havenâ€™t exactly saved a small fortune for such an occasion. Â …
Planning a wedding can be a stressful time. The last thing many couples want to do is obsess over the particulars and manage details. Thus, more and more couples are hiring a wedding planner to handle their special day. It’s true. Wedding planners are no longer just employees of the rich and famous. With affordable pricing and many industry connections,…
As a new bride-to-be, planning a wedding can be an overwhelming task so I thought I’d put together a few resources for wedding planning information. I personally have been fascinated by weddings since I was a child and got married in the first grade on the playground to the dreamy Jimmy Tallon. Thankfully, I’ve gotten over my silly crushes enough…